Hosted by Broke and Bookish
This week’s topic is most unusual character names I’ve encountered in books.
1. Peeta from The Hunger Games
Like, pita bread? I’ve never really understood this name.
2. America from The Selection
Why would you name your child after the your country’s old name? Though this is a name I find pretty, it’s too patriotic for me.
3. Cab from The Betsy-Tacy Series
4. Cassia from The Matched Trilogy
5. Bettina from The Betsy-Tacy Series
I know, it’s Julia’s nickname for Betsy. But still.
6. Boris from The Princess Diaries Series
7. Nymphadora Tonks from The Harry Potter Series
“Dont. Call me. Nymphadora.”
8. Bilbo Baggins from The Hobbit
9. Smaug from The Hobbit
I know he’s a dragon. He’s still a character.
10. Renesmee from Breaking Dawn
No. Just no.