By now, most of you have probably read the One. And, if you haven’t, GO SIT IN THAT CORNER AND DON’T COME BACK UNTIL YOU HAVE FINISHED IT.
What I meant to say is, this book was as good, if not better, than I expected. And trust me, I had pretty high expectations.
With that, I thought I would revisit my predictions for it and see what I got right and what I got wrong.
So basically, this is one big spoiler for the One. I am telling you now, if you have not read the One, please, please, please save yourself from a spoiled book by leaving this post.
That’s right. Go back.
Here are my predictions, along with whether or not they were right or wrong.
1. Maxon will propose to America…RIGHT!
Well, well, well, it seems I was spot on.
2. One of the maids will die…RIGHT!
3. The King will do something major to sabotage Maxon and America’s relationship…NEITHER RIGHT NOR WRONG
When I made that prediction I was picturing something huge. However, he did do things to sabotage them, so this could go either way, really.
4. The rebels will kidnap one of the girls…WRONG!
The rebels did not kidnap the girls, although, I have to admit, there wasn’t much room for it in the book.
5. America will realize she is actually in love with Maxon…RIGHT!
We had already determined that this was right because of Unlocking the One, and, let’s face it, we all saw it coming, but it was still nice to get this one right.
6. Maxon and Aspen will meet…RIGHT!
This was the big drama-rama at towards the end of the book. It was definitely a huge moment.
7. Celeste will become a teeny tiny bit nicer…RIGHT!
Why did I cross this one out? I knew it was right all along…
8. Maxon/America will lose their temper again…RIGHT!
…More than once.
9. Aspen will die/get seriously injured…RIGHT!
Even though it did really affect the story all too much, he did get a cane.
10. A war will break out…WRONG!
That would have been so cool though.
Did you have any predictions? Were they right or wrong?